Friday, June 18, 2010

Geretsik

This is Geretsik. She is my landlord's daughter, 12-years-old and the most spunky little ball of energy. She always pokes her head in my door to see what crazy American food I may be cooking, to listen to some American music, or just to come snoop around my house to see what my life is all about.

She is incredibly girly at times, walking around in her mother's high heels that are much too large, wearing way too grown up make up and pretending to be a music teacher. Then at other times she is tearing around the yard trying to catch a hen.

She is a little daddy's girl, always curious about the remodeling he is doing in the building above their house and trying to help out in some way.

I can barely remember what it was like to be her age, and when I spend time with her I try to recall what it felt like.


No comments: